1990 Mitsubishi Galant Automatic Transmission Problem

Already changed automatic transmission and computer box three times, but problem persists. When driving at freeways at around 80 to 120 kmh, and are forced to slow down, I feel the automatic transmission shift down, but is unable to shift up again. What I normally do is turn off the engine and start it up again, and shifting goes back to normal. This does not occur during city driving. Any help will surely be appreciated. Thank You!

Reply to
nix

Properly service Transmission and see what happen...

Reply to
Eclipsed

Thanks. I read in the archives that this might also be caused by a faulty TPS. This part has not been replaced. Maybe I should give it a try.

Reply to
nix

Thanks. I read in the archives that this might also be caused by a faulty TPS. This part has not been replaced. Maybe I should give it a try.

Reply to
nix

A faulty TPS is kind of a binary thing, it either works or not. You should take it to a shop and have it logged while the symptom is being reproduced. I would bet a good Wynns flush would clear it out.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

Thank you all for providing valuable feedback to this post. Of course, Additional recommendations would surely be appreciated. :-)

Reply to
nix