1991 mitsubishi pajero, 2.5 intercooler diesel starting problems

the car takes at least 7 attempts to get it going and the problem is defeating numerous mechanics that have looked at it, what could it be?

Carrie

Reply to
Caz

defeating numerous mechanics that have looked at it,

You need to be a little more specific about what is happening. Will it not start, not go when put in gear, start then die, or what? Did this just start when the weather got cold or did it do this when it was warm out? Are you using fuel from a large volume station or buying from a corner store that just happens to have a diesel pump? Reply to this and tell us everything that you have told your mechanics. It is hard to diagnose with no information.

Reply to
Eric Johnson

it eventually starts after about 7 attempts and runs fine afterwards,

its been doing it for a while not just in the cold weather, my dad is a mechanical engineer and he cant figure it out and 3 of m friends are mechanics and they are cluless aswell, and hes taken it to 2 different garages and they have said that the cant find anything wrong with it,

it had a water pump replaced quite recently due to a leak.

the fuel is from a big fuel station not one of the back street typ garages,

im not incredibly up on mechanics so im not sure wether ive given yo all the info you require,

ill ask my mum for any other info that you might need,

any ideas

- Ca

's Profile:
this thread:

Caz

HI DID YOU GET YOUR STARTING PROBLEM SORTED AS I HAVE 92K PAJERO 2.5 TURBO, AND HAVING SAME PROBLEMS, I HAVE BEEN TOLD IT IS FANBELT/ OR ALTERNATOR OR GLOWPLUGS, I HAVE REPLACED THE 2 BATTERIES, IT WAS OK FOR A FEW DAYS, BUT NOW IT IS GETTING SLOW TO START AGAIN, BUT ONCE RUN AROUND IN ITS FINE, WOULD GLADLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP YOU CAN OFFER AS IT IS AN EXPENSIVE FAULT FINDING TASK

THANKS

CAZA

-- CAZA

's Profile:
this thread:

CAZA

Caza,

We Still Havent Solved The Problem And My Dad Has Changed All Of The Things You Mentioned but still to no avail,

if he does ever find out whats wrong with it then i will put it in the thread so it might be of some help to you, if you find out how to fix what is wrong with yours please let me know and ill pass it on to him.

Caz.

-- Caz

's Profile:
this thread:

Caz

thanks caz will keep you informed, great name by the way

caza

-- CAZA

's Profile:
this thread:

CAZA

it is a great name isnt it lol, its short for Carrie, no not after the steven king film/book, after a song by the hollies they have one heck of a lot to answer for lol.

Caz

-- Caz

's Profile:
this thread:

Caz

hi caz

dont knock it, mine name[caron] is taken from leslie caron the frenc actress, mum was obviously a great fan

ca

- CAZ

's Profile:
this thread: