rattle driving me nuts 2004 GALANT

Help..first I LOVE MY CAR....but there is a rattle (sounds like something plastic hitting the dashboard above the glove compartment--under the dash)...something is loose in that part of the dash....I am far from a handy car repair guy but how hard is it to remove the dash to find the rattle...I can pinpoint it just by the area of the noise?

Where can i get a set of prints that show how to do this..

HELP

I asked the dealer and he tried once ..he thought it was the wire from the speakers..but it was not!

Reply to
JJ

something

. My Outlander does exactly the same thing but it seems to go away after I've been driving a bit. Thought it might be a heater noise for a while but am at a loss for the moment. It comes from the same place you describe. I didn't notice it until the weather turned though. I think I'm still suspicious of that heater.....???

Reply to
Outlander

Very likely not the dash. It's probably the hood and the sound is traveling through the cavities in the dash. I've been there and done that...and the dash isn't fun to remove. Check the rubber stoppers around the engine bay and under the hood. These can be the problem. Also, if the hood has been removed (wreck), the hinges where it attaches to the car may be out of line. These are easy to fix in about 10 min. Just loosen the bolts and pull them out toward the outsides of the car as tight as you can get it.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know