2002 mitsubishi lancer engine light on, P0414 trouble code on.

Hello there wel I need to find out what the code P0414 on mitsubishi lancer 2002 is I went to Autozone and it read something about uneven flow and they autozone guy said it had something to do with the fuel injector..... my car has 38,000 miles and I know I need a tune up and transmission fuel change....and also my inspeciton for emmissions is coming up should I go and get the test done and fail it... because the autozone guy turned it off and it wont come back on.... After that I took it to Carmax where I bought it and they want to charge 79.00 to check it out.... so what should I do. Cause I heard that its cheaper to go and just fail the emmission test and it will tell me whats wrong then i can take it to get the problem fix.....please advice me I dont know anything about cars this is my first modern computer code car.

Thanks Miriam Gonzalez

Reply to
miriam{_gonz

lancer 2002 is I went to Autozone and it read something about uneven flow and they autozone guy said it had something to do with the fuel injector..... my car has 38,000 miles and I know I need a tune up and transmission fuel change....and also my inspeciton for emmissions is coming up should I go and get the test done and fail it... because the autozone guy turned it off and it wont come back on.... After that I took it to Carmax where I bought it and they want to charge 79.00 to check it out.... so what should I do. Cause I heard that its cheaper to go and just fail the emmission test and it will tell me whats wrong then i can take it to get the problem fix.....please advice me I dont know anything about cars this is my first modern computer code car.

I'm looking at a couple of lists of Mitsu trouble codes and do not see a PO414. PO400 indicates an EGR problem which usually means dirty, a temp sensor problem or a vacuum problem which will prevent it from opening.(depending on youe EGR style) The codes then jump to PO421 which is a catalytic convertor/exhaust maybe O2 sensor glitch. Now there is a code 41 which indicates a problem with the injectors. A flow problem can usually be traced out to either a clogged fuel filter, a bad fuel pressure regulator or a bad fuel pump. If the car is running OK and you have a check engine light I would first tighten the gas cap. Then I would replace the fuel filter and clean the EGR valve. I definitely wouldn't get excited about it if the car runs OK. If I find that exact code I will post it. You might just call a Mitsu dealer and give the service manager that code. They will know if it is valid. Autozone may have made a mistake in their procedures or not. But I doubt they know a lot about Mitsu systems and procedures...

Reply to
Outlander

My generic list shows code P0414 as, "Secondary Air Injector Switching Valve A Circuit shorted"

Ray

Reply to
Nirodac

lancer 2002 is I went to Autozone and it read something about uneven flow and they autozone guy said it had something to do with the fuel injector..... my car has 38,000 miles and I know I need a tune up and transmission fuel change....and also my inspeciton for emmissions is coming up should I go and get the test done and fail it... because the autozone guy turned it off and it wont come back on.... After that I took it to Carmax where I bought it and they want to charge 79.00 to check it out.... so what should I do. Cause I heard that its cheaper to go and just fail the emmission test and it will tell me whats wrong then i can take it to get the problem fix.....please advice me I dont know anything about cars this is my first modern computer code car.

Reply to
Fluffy

Reply to
ismail