98 GSX Value

Hello,

I'm thinking about selling my 98 GSX privately. Can anyone help me with what I should be asking for it? Its a manual, good condition and loaded.

Thanks

Reply to
Decker

Not enough info:

Options? Mileage? Part of the country? Overall condition of outside, inside, etc.? Do you have all the service records?

Reply to
DragonRider

you forgot to ask if anyone has checked the crank shaft endplay....

Reply to
simpleton

I LIKE CHEESE

Reply to
EPSYCHOBOB

KELLY BLUE BOOK

DSM'S RULE, WHY ARE YOU GOING TO GET RID OF IT

Reply to
EPSYCHOBOB

Reply to
simpleton

KBB is put up by the used auto selling industry, or at least sponsored by them. The prices found there are usually over valued so they can sell cars at a high price, and say "Yes, go ahead and check KBB." Try

they are much more realistic and down to earth. They have a custom feature menu that you can go through and put all the info in yourself for mileage, condition, color, even based on your ZIP code. So it is pretty good.

ED

Reply to
Edward Arata

Problem is that Edmunds is usually 3-4 months behind, doesn't get half the information on the new cars right, let alone used ones, and frankly with their pricing there ought to be a disclaimer "any time we give the right invoice information is purely coincidental and unintended'. I haven't seen more than 3 - 4 bits of info that are correct on there.

NADA is one that I LOVE customers to want to use. National Auto Dealers Association. Hmm. N.A.D.A. Yep, go right ahead!

Try Intellichoice and you will come up with a more realistic figure.

KBB lowballs trades more often than not. Easier version is to get ahold of the wholesalers black-book. That gives you the real world info and is updated every week and a half or two weeks. That is based on real registrations, auctions, etc. and is what the dealers, banks, and insurance companies actually use. Then again, whatever the number you get on the internet remember, it's just a guideline number. Each vehicle will have it's own value based on condition, miles, etc. For instance, you can have a car where the internet sources all agree it is worth $15,000. Go outside with a baseball bat, smash the thing to hell and it still says it's worth $15,000. Why? It doesn't have eyes, ears, etc. to go evaluate your car.

The internet is a fantastic tool, but more often than not you get out of it exactly what you pay for it...Remember that when you are relying on free information...

Reply to
DragonRider