2004 Endeavor Front Brakes Repair General Question

Hi Folks,

I am going to be helping my sister replace her front brakes which are squealing on the pad wear indicator on her 2004 Endeavor. I've never touched any Mitsubishi stuff, just Chevy and BMW... is there anything special I need to know about before I dig into this job? Are there any necessary special tools I should be aware of, or any strange Mistubishi-ness that I need to be worried about?

She is strapped at the moment, so replacing and/or even turning the rotors is going to be hard for her. Has anyone ever heard of not turning rotors on these things? It worries me, but if it's ok to leave the rotors as-is (assuming they don't have deep grooves) I'll leave it. Otherwise I might have to help her pick up new rotors or at least have hers turned. Just looking for advice on that front.

Thanks, Carlton

Reply to
chouston