RAV4 wacky front disc brakes

I recently bought a 2000 RAV4 (no ABS) with 70K and replaced the front pads and rotors due to uneven/pulsing braking on the right front.

Now, it's worse! I immediately had right-front squealing that varies with pedal pressure, and occasionally the right front pulses or even grabs. It brakes straight otherwise, and the front-end parts & bearings seem fine (by moving the raised tires back & forth). I just pulled the front wheels to have a look-see, and all seems fine with the pads and rotors. I retorqued the pin and caliper bracket bolts, but they seemed fine.

My guess is the right front caliper, or the mounting pins, are sloppy. Any similar experiences or other ideas?

Thanks in advance, Brian

P.S. If e-mailing, be sure to edit my address.

Reply to
Brian

something odd there, i've seen no other postings regarding such... check with local dealer and ask for any TSB's regarding such...

Reply to
Kryptoknight

Reply to
Brian