3000 GT

Hey all,

I just got a 3000 GT and was looking for some chatter about these cars. Picked one up inexpensively because the dealer said it had a rod knock. I've traced it down to a loose bolt in the clutch. Arrgh, and I have to remove the trans to make repairs. Just the same a cool car at a price I'll still be happy with when its fixed.

-Speedy oHIo

Reply to
speedy

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 02:04:17 GMT, something compelled speedy , to say:

Dude. A loose bolt in the clutch is *way* better than a knocking rod. I'd suggest that if you have to pull the tranny anyway, you replace/resurface the clutch.

Reply to
Steve Daniels

No my brother is the "Dude" (Really- thats the name he goes by!!)

Anyway. Found out it had a clutch ut in it not too long ago when I was able to talk to the previous owner.

Right now I'm stalled a bit since he cant find the puzzle piece to take off the wheels! (Arrgh!!) I did find a LOT of loose, stripped, missing bolts that I will have to take care of properly.

Sigh, all the fun of buying a used car!

-SP

Reply to
speedy

It was a knocking rod.

One nut fell off, then that bolt backed out. They were in the pan undamaged.

Lots of other BAD mechanical things done to this poor motor. I will assemble it right this time.

Found out wheel locks are made by mcgard. Upon calling them I found out the dealer has a "master" kit with all the keys. I took a pic with me and identified the proper color key. The rep at mcgard also got that pic in an email and called while I was at the dealer and confirmed what I had just matched up.

Back to the garage!!

-Speedy

Reply to
Speedy Pete