3000GT Power Hack

Anyone on here tried the IAT power hack that is being sold on eBay? I had a friend buy one but he can't find the IAT and I can't seem to find the IAT on mine. We both have 94's.

Look on the boards at

Richie Rich

i believe you are referring to the barometric sensor mod. adding a resistor fools the ecu into thinking you're running in low relative air density. you have to be careful not to advance time too far. you can advance beyond the knock sensor's ability to retard. people can and do burn down their motors this way but it is generally safe. go to radio shack and get your own resistor........screw the ebay clowns and their private auctions.

Reply to
phil

That's exactly what I was referring to. I am planning on putting a cold air intake on my car. would you recommend still adding this barometric sensor mod? If so where can I find this sensor? The instructions that came with the resistor my friend bought is no help as I cannot find any additional sensors between the MAF and the throttle body.