3000GT question

I am thinking of purchasing a 3000GT very soon. I am looking at the early models (due to prices). Is there anything I such know or be looking for? Can anyone tell me if I should get a turbo or non-turbo? Anything else like:

How many miles do these cars go if regularly maintenanced? Anything I should be looking for when I inspect the car? Any known issues or recalls? Any bad year in particular?

Any type of guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Reply to
LACropCircles

Is there anything I such know or be looking for?

pre 97 cars can have lifter tick. 97 and later cars have enlarged oil transfer ports. I have a 97 car in silver. The only problems I have had are the rear spoiler sticking when wet. Following a bit of tlc and good lubricant, this appears to have been sorted.

2nd gear very difficult to select from cold.(mitsi answer was, this is expected and is fine when gearbox is fully warmed up.) This should take about 10/15 mins. There are probably more things to look out for but others in this group should add a few things.

Can anyone tell me if I should get a turbo or non-turbo?

Get the turbo.

How many miles do these cars go if regularly maintenanced?

Serviced regular at every 4500miles and things should be fine.

Best Reards

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Reply to
Kev

Below the "=======" is an old reply of mine to basically the same question. Some of the content may be of interest.

"LACropCircles" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Al Bundy wrote in news:Xns93CDB24F085ADAlBundy@130.81.64.196:

Reply to
Al Bundy

Have you seen them in silver Al?

Reply to
Rob

"Rob" wrote in news:3f641344$1_1@mk-nntp-

2.news.uk.tiscali.com:

No, not here. I did see a pic of a deeper blue one. That was nice.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Reply to
LACropCircles