6G72 Engine - What milage before major probs?

Hi all,

I'm interested to know what mileage some of you are getting from the 6G72 engine before you are experiencing problems.

Many thanks in advance.

Reply to
TM

Do you consider valve seals major problems?

Valve seal repairs done about 150,000 miles. Engine still running with original bearings, cams, etc at 250,000 miles.

Reply to
mark gramlich

Many thanks for your reply. I wouldn't consider valve seals a major problem. I was thinking more about bearings or total engine failure etc. The reason I was asking is that mine has 205,000 KM and I was wondering whether or not to offload it now. Just for interest, what type/brand of oil do you use?

Reply to
TM

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 09:32:22 +1100, "TM" scribbled:

Is it smoking? Does it go through alot of oil (ie 1L a month or something), do you feel like you are loosing power?

It's totally up to you to offload it.

But the engine's not going to fail anytime soon at those kms.

Reply to
Phillip Weston

No, it's going well. I never have to top up the oil and it doesn't smoke. I just didn't want to hold on to it if I was going to strike too much trouble now that it's hit the 200,000 KM mark. It seems as though the engines are fairly reliable according to a previous post.

Reply to
David