91 Mitsubishi Galant not starting

Here is the story of the event that led us to a galant parked out in the driveway not working:

I accidentally locked my keys in my car and had to call a service truck to open the car for me. The man used a slim jim on the right side (passenger side) and in seconds and on his first try he got the door open. I get inside and turn the keys in the ignition and the car will not start. it turns over but will not start. The tow truck guy hears this and tries to help me. he checks the air filter, the distributor cap and roter and other various things inside. We cannot get it started. We tow it back home and there my grandfather his friend and I go about testing everything. We have determined:

Water pump works Fuses intact(the ones inside and under the hood) fuel is getting to the rail but the sensors that tell the fuel to go into the cylinders isnt firing (using a mechanics stethascope we didnt hear the "clicks" that signal the sensor is pushing the gas through) We found the computer, we have the codes but dont have a way to get the computer to display the codes. the sequence w e havent found yet.

We are still in search of a factory service/shop manual but that doesnt seem to be hard to get.

everthing seems to be working. is there any suggestions? Could the computer be hardwired with an anti-theft system that kills the car if illegal entry is used to get in? Please help! Im poor and this is my only form of transportation!

Reply to
Trepidity

Try locking and then unlocking the driver side door with your key. (while the door is shut)

DHE

Reply to
DrgnHart Eclipse

We tried that a couple times initially in the parking lot before i had to get it towed. Sorry i forgot to mention that. He held it while locking it for a few but that didnt do anything.

Could doing it a few times do the trick?

Reply to
Trepidity

maybe try to once disconnect the battery, that should erase all error messages in the computer/control unit. don't know if that works, but give it a try

j.

Reply to
jakob

We have had the battery disconnected for little bit while assesing the problem. Unfortunetly it hasnt done anything. Our friend thinks it might be a hard wired security system

Reply to
Trepidity