91 Montero NO Fire PLEASE HELP

Here it is, Jumped off montero drove great for 5 min, quit running. Cheked for spark and nothing coming from coil,assumed bad replaced. Still no fire replaced ECM still no fire from coil. Have power to coil but no fire goning to distributer. PLEASE HELP

Reply to
slooburn

Did you check the power transistor / igniter? It's the small module next to the coil.

Did you check the distributor?

Search the Mitsubishi forums on

There have been a couple of folks with similar problems in the past few months. The solution has been anything from a bad distributor, coil, igniter or ECU.

Reply to
MG

I know what your talking about, How do I test it.

Reply to
slooburn

Check your CAM/Crank angle sensor. It should throw a code for this, but you may not be seeing it because it wont start.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

Could you tell me the procedure for checking the cam/crank angle sensor

Reply to
slooburn