'93 Stealth runs rough at low RPM; stalls out

HELP!

My base model '93 Stealth (~120K miles) has run rough at low RPMs, even stalling out at stops for quite some time. Doesn't happen when cold, as RPMs are higher. I did new plugs a few weeks ago and changed the oil and air filter. After that work, things seemed no better, but no worse.

Now, two weeks later, the car is stalling out even when driving. Spark plug wires "look" good. Could it be clogged injectors or fuel filter? I think I can get to the fuel filter and change it. What about the injectors? Does any of the fuel tank additive stuff actually work?

Thanks,

Joel snipped-for-privacy@jhuapl.edu

Reply to
JoelW

G'day Joel,

I think your car is terminal. Your best option is to park it in a quiet street and walk away from it. Other Mitsubishi owners will appreciate the parts in it that still work.

Reply to
Bhagat Gurtu

I had a '93 ES 5-speed and really enjoyed it.

My guess is a vacuum leak, maybe more than one. Remove and plug each vacuum hose to see which one, if any, are leaking. If the brake booster diaphragm goes that would easily kill the engine at idle.

Another possibility is the PCV valve. I have seen new defective brand x parts fail that caused rough idle. Same routine, plug it to see if the rough idle goes away.

Reply to
Gyzmologist