94 Galant starting problem PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello. Maybe this problem was covered before but I can't find any info.

here is a store. Old galant 11000 K miles. Was running fine maybe little rough at night, and won't start in the morning.

Car turns over but egine doesn't start.

I do alot of work on cars so I did this:

  1. Spark Plugs are getting fire. (So i changed the fuel pump)
  2. Fuel pump pumps gas, I have pressure on the fuel filter (just replaced with the pump).
  3. Changed the distributor with the cap (still get fire on the plugs but engine won't start).
  4. Checked all the fuses and mixed all relays under the hood (incase one was bad).

What I still am conserned about is that my timing might be off (I could have made a mistake with the wires). I connected the first cilinder wires starting from right to left (if facing the engine).

PLEASE HELP ANY RESPONSE WILL BE APPRICIATED. or write me to omega53513 at aol.com Thank you very much.

Reply to
omega53513

If you have spark and fuel, it should start. My guess is that the cam belt has slipped a couple of teeth.

Pop the distributor cap. Take the rocker cover off and # plug out. You probably have the 4G63 SOHC as you don't mention DOHC. Rotate the engine until the #1 piston is TDC. You can poke a bit of welding wire down the plug hole to see when the piston it TDC. Both valves should be closed: if not rotate another 180 degrees. Watch the direction the rotor moves.

Verify the rotor position and the cap, and ensure the plug leads are

1,3,4,2.

Locate and check the timing marks. If these are not right, you may have bent a few valves, which is why the engine won't start.

Have you done a compression test?

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS