96 mistubishi cam and valves

Hello everybody, I have a problem with my mitsubishi eclipse. My timing belt cut off and the cam and valves have bent. I want to fix it. I don't know how to do! Can a mechanic do that or do i have to send my car to a Mitsubishi dealer? Do you guys know how much it can cost?? If you have any information about it please send me an e-mail at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Thank you.

Reply to
yanness

OK, don't take it to the dealer, it will cost your more $$$. Ask around for an Eclipse / Talon expert,or look in the Yellow Pages under speed shops. You'll need

a) pull off the timing belts (or what's left of them) b) pull off the head and get the bent valves fixed c) put the head back on, (needs head gasket kit) d) replace cam and balance belts, idler bearings if needed and waterpump if needed.

Expect to pay $800 - $1500 depending on what else needs doing. Get a couple of quotes. Most places know whats involved in fixing a broken timing belt and bent valves, and should be able to quote accurately without seeing the car.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

what i found when i had my head redone is that most engine machine shops lack the proper size pilots to grind the valves..... you may wish to look for a used head.

simpleton