98 galant charging or electrical system problem???

had alternator changed about 2 months ago since battery wasn?t holding charge and car was losing power..now noticing that dash lights and headlights dim slightly when applying brakes and tactometer bounces when singaling...had problem checked a week ago and charging system was said to be fine...machanic said could be possible electrical problem. I don?t think so. Any thoughts??? Thanks.

Reply to
Mel

earth problem

someone

Very likely bad negative battery cable connection. I had the same problem except I also experienced intermittent electrical whine through the radio and momentary engine cutout when I turned on the headlights. The mechanic who checked the electrical system would have had a test clamp attached to the battery post, temporarily correcting the problem. Try to clean and tighten the clamp. If it's split or badly corroded it may still not make a good connection. If the cable is long enough, you can replace just the terminal, otherwise you will need to replace the whole cable.

Reply to
G. R. Woodring