Air Bag Failure in Crash

I am looking for information on the Airbag system in the Mitsubishi Lancer 2005 Ralliart...

This is why: My husband and I were in a fairly serious accident a little while ago (not more then a week or so) and the entire front of our car was destroyed. We were traveling down a highway in BC when someone tried to cut across and we 'T-boned" him doing about 100km/h.

The airbags in our car however failed to deploy!!

This is multitasked as a warning to any with this car or the likes of it and to look for information to assist in research in order to bring some sort of action against Mitsubishi.

If anyone knows of a website with examples or email addy's off people with similar problems or anything it would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks

Reply to
lamadriddesiree

That is supposed to be somehow bad?

Go buy a Camry troll.

Reply to
Body Roll

Considering the fact that we are lucky we walked away and that the air bags really should have gone off with that sort of an accident i would say it's not good....

I can't see how a failure in a safety feature is good.

I am getting a new car since mine is currently a writeoff but that is not really the point.

Reply to
Dez

Go buy a Camry troll. "Body Roll"

Sound advice!

Reply to
simpleton

Not Trying to flame anyone so don't take it that way. If I'm not mistaken 100km'h is close to 60 mph. Instead of bashing the car you ought to be writing Mitsubishi and which ever god you chose to worship a thank you letter. A lot of people get killed in lower speed accidents than yours. With or with out airbags!! P.S. if they did go off you probally wouldn't have walked away totally unscathed as you did. Air bags can and do cause injury at times. I personally know a woman that got a collapsed lung from an air bag deployment.

Reply to
Chance

Call them

Reply to