check

check under the car and inspect both drive axles. you could have a broken boot which is leaking the grease out. Or just a c.v. joint that's given way.

From: "Avinash" Subject: Strange nose from front while turning in 96 Galant Date: Sunday, July 04, 2004 11:49 AM

Hi, I was wondering if anybody had any idea regarding why I hear a strange noise when I turn left. I have a 1996 Galant with manual transmission. The noise I hear is low-pitched, grinding, comes from the front somewhere and only happens when I turn left. Also, I hear this sound only when I am going at highway speeds (greater than around 45 mph).

I would really appreciate it if anybody had any suggestions. Thanks!

Avinash

Reply to
Eric F