'02 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Backup Noise)

I have a 2002 Jeep GC that makes a groaning noise when you SIMULTANEOUSLY back up, and make a sharp turn left or right. Jeep says they don't hear anything strange, but to me it sounds like a couple of whales mating...

Any pointers would be helpful...

Richard

Reply to
RMcConatha

Usually this is caused by the steering stops rubbing. Next time you are in a repair shop, ask them to grease the steering stops.

Reply to
Dave in Columbus

Thanks.

I did forget one important point (sorry). The noise comes from the rear-end, and not the front end.. Kinda weird, huh?

Rick

Reply to
RMcConatha

Limited slip rear end? If so, drain the gear oil, replace it, and use a fresh packet of Mopar Sure-Grip additive.

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
mic canic