Compass in 2002 Eclipse Spyder

Hi. I recently acquired a 2002 Eclipse Spyder, and was reading in the manual that some models had a compass function in the little display thingie that the clock/cdplayer use. Mine doesn't seem to (hitting mode doesn't do anything), so I was wondering what part I need to make mine do this.

I want to get an aftermarket stereo that reads mp3's, but I feel bad leaving the display neutered and useless except for a lone clock on the far right. That's why I want the compass thingie. :)

Reply to
Ash666

Ash666 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@shpadoinkle.xmission.com:

Not a simple process.

Assuming your car didn't come factory equiped with one.

You will need a "Compass ECU", and a "Compass Sensor" The sensor is installed on the top of the windshield, in the frame around your window. Usually behind the rear view mirror

The compass ECU is located on the firewall, inside the passenger compartment on the passenger side. The compass ECU is inserted (electrically) into connector "C09" of the multisensor display. The sensor plugs into the compass ECU.

You may or may not have the required cabling already installed.

Reply to
Nirodac