Eclipse Making Noises

I have a '98 Eclipse GSX 5 speed manual. The other day it started making a squealing noise when I put it in reverse. It stops as soon as I take it out of reverse. Anybody have any idea what it could be? There is also an intermittent scraping noise coming from the left side. I suspect it has something to do with the brakes since it happens when I apply the brakes (not all the time) or when I change lanes to the left at high speed. It sounds like something loose an touching the brake rotor.

Reply to
Justin

Have you checked the amount of wear on your brake pads. Might be the brake pad wear indicator telling you your pads are worn out.

Just> I have a '98 Eclipse GSX 5 speed manual. The other day it started making a

Reply to
Nirodac