Importing into Australia

I'd like to import a Legnum stationwagon into Western Australia, either from Japan or New Zealand (where they are plentiful). Has anyone else done this? Having checked the

website, I'm no wiser on the procedure.

thanks

Reply to
Steve

i have heard that it is very difficult to do unless you have owned the car for a period of time in the country you are importing from (i.e it is your private car and you are moving countries) or if the car is over 10 years old. as the legnum was first made in 96, you might be able to import an early model one next year if the 10 year rule thing is correct.

Reply to
Peter Lee

I have heard if you break the car down into body, engine and gearbox you may get away with bringing them into the country as spare parts, but i havent done this for many years last time i ordered a car from the usa into Adelaide and was a arm and a leg then, and the waiting time took ages. Pick another car mate

Peter

Reply to
Raven