Peugeot 206 noises

Hiya, just wondering wheather anyone has experienced problems with their clutch on a 206. There's a scraping kind of noise coming from where my clutch disk/plate is but only happens when i rev my engine. When i push the clutch in and rev my engine it stops.

Also another noise ive got is when i steer to the right there's a squeeking noise!!! There's nothing i hate worse than noises on a car!!!

If anyone has had these problems before id be grateful for any info.

Thanx Jo

Reply to
Jo

The clutch noise could well be the release bearing breaking up. Only cure is a new clutch asssembly. Squeak is a bit more difficult. Maybe the alternator belt needs renewing. They have an automatic tensioner so it would be as well to get that checked as well. However if it is only when you turn right, it could be a noise from the pads/disc area. Does the noise vary with engine speed or road speed?

Reply to
nigel

Reply to
Chris

If you hate noises in a car, don't buy French cars FFS.

-- Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

if that is all of your comment then go drive your reliant you british shirtlifter.

Reply to
Marc Amsterdam

LOL. I drive a Pugeot 205D and a Citroen ZX Reflex 1.9D. :-)

-- Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray