electrical problem with a 1994 mitsubishi galant

When the car left for the weekend the battery dies must give a jump to start. we took it to meineke service center to get it repaired they check the car and changed the battery saying its not good. but the problem was not solved. Second time they checked it and change the alternator but it was the same. so far we have change the alternator and 4 batteries. Could some one help us by giving a idea what to check and how

thanks

Sam

Reply to
saman hewawasam

i had a similar problem with my '94. check for an electrical drain, is something staying on that shouldn't? could even be a bad connection or short in a switch.

my problem seems to have been the dome light switch.

btw - watch out for jumps from tows with oversized batteries. they can screw up the computer.

Reply to
galant94

If a new battery is going flat, then its being drained by a load. This might be as simple as the trunk light is not being switched off when you close the trunk. Locating the source is easy enough: put an ammeter in line on the

+ive battery post, and there will be a drain indicated, perhaps 200mA or so. Now take out all the fuses one at a time. Eventually the drain will disappear, and you've located the circuit with the problem.

You may also have a ground problem. If you have an aftermarket stereo, disconnect it for the moment.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS