engine timing

I need help! I just perchased a 91 3000gt sl, the timing is messed up and I can't find a repair manual anywhere. I need to know how to replace the belt and set the timing afterwards. This is my first DOHC V6 and I am alittle baffled on to how to even get the belt off. Thanks

Reply to
ty13199

Should be able to remove number 1 spark plug rotate engine till it is at tdc ( top dead centre ) and look at your cam shaft with the rocker cover off there is a mark on the crank and a mark on the camshaft, these should all line up

Hope this helps

Peter

Reply to
Raven

In the future you may want to use this wonderful tool called "Google". In about 2 seconds I found this:

Nobody U. Know

Thanks for the link it helped a lot. I dont usually use google to search which is probably why I couldn't find anything I needed. I will do a search after I post this but I was wondering if you or anyone happen to know of a good place to get parts as well? Thanks again.

Scott

Reply to
ty13199

Search these for ones that will allow a "DSM" discount for a 3000gt.

Nobody U. Know