Foggy driver's side headlight

I was wondering if someone can tell me why most of the 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipses I see have foggy or blurry driver's side headlight? My 1996 Eclipse also has this problem.

Reply to
<newsfiend2k4

Mine is too, and I have a '98 GSX. Beats me why. Bad plastic?

Reply to
Bikeluvr01

If the unit is fogging up, then moisture it getting in. Look for a splash path that runs water over the bult base area, or any overflow from the radiator expansion tank.

In any case, it easy to fix. take the bulb out, blow a warm hair drier into the unit until the fog is gone, then put a bit of silicone grease or even vasiline around the bulb O-ring, and reassemble.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Water, yes..fix that seal. Dirty lens on the outside, clean your car more than 1/month.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

Also mitsu sells a heasdlight glass cleaner that removes the "brown" discoloration

Reply to
Eclipse

Thanks for all the replies. I'm guessing the problem may lie with some water getting in. However, I should've probably been more specific as well. It appears to be a fogged up lens but after reading the first reply it is somewhat of a light hazy discoloration. I usually wash my car at least once a month and keep it garaged. So, I doubt it is because of dirt or whatnot. Thanks again for the help!

Reply to
<newsfiend2k4

Great! I'll have to get some of that. Mine's an external fogging that feels like a coating over the lens. Hopefully, the Mitsu stuff will clean it off.

Reply to
Bikeluvr01