Fuel Problem With 1997 Mitsu. Eclipse Spyder GST

Hope someone can help. I have a strong gas odor coming from my car when I drive it. It's so bad that I can't have the windows down, which sucks cause it's a convertable. My mechanic couldn't find anything wrong in the engine bay ( no leaks, no leaky hoses, canister not leaking or clogged)... Can Anyone Help?????

Reply to
Remy

Your gas tank is under the rear seat floor. Your mechanic needs to look along the WHOLE fuel system, including looking under the access plate to the tank, under the rear seat.

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS