Galant 2000: CD player code E01

The factory CD player in my 2000 Galant is showing code E01 when I attempt to play a CD. Funny thing is commercial CDs do that, but if I put in a home burned CD, it will try to play but I hear scratchy sounds and so I stop it anyway.

Radio plays perfectly. Guess it's time to replace it, but I was wondering if anyone knew what E01 code meant? I'm in north-east US, and I thought the cold weather might have something to do with it...

Thanks.

-- Himanshu

Reply to
Himanshu

E01 - Focus Error - Disc is not loaded correctly, or condensation on disc E02 - Disc Error - Disc is dirty, scratched, or deformed; or excessive vehicle vibration E03 - Mechanism error - Loading or eject error. Pickup-up is out of position.

Reply to
pushur