how do you enter UNLOCK CODES FOR RADIO

Of course I lost my owners manual for my 2000 galant but I have the code. How do I enter it????

thanks in advance

Jeffrey snipped-for-privacy@si.rr.com

Reply to
Jeffrey Krantz

To enter the code you use the first four station selector buttons. Hit the first button until the 1st number appears, the second button until

2nd number appears, the third button until 3rd number appears and then the fourth button until 4th number appears. Then hit the TAPE button.
Reply to
Ike

And remember you only get three tries to get it right then the radio locks up. HOWEVER, as I recently found out when I thought I KNEW the code (but obviously didn't), there is a way to reset the radio to get another three attempts. With the key in the "accessory" position, leave the radio on, about 45-60 minutes latter turn it off and back on and you will be greeted with the prompt to enter the code again.

Gary

Reply to
gshell