Indicator sound amplifier/repeater

The 'ticking' sound on my indicators is so quiet that I often forget to cancel them after small changes in direction eg on motorway. I know they
have lights, but in traffic I'm much too busy to look down. MANY years ago I made a little bleeper to wire below the dashboard. I'm much too old to be faffing around with transistors and solder so is there a commercial device to do this?
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK

You could always superglue a little sounding board onto the relay
Jim Scott wrote:

Surely if you're much to busy to look down, then you're also much to busy to turn the indicator off?
--
ThePunisher

Jim Scott wrote:

When my daughter was first learning to drive a few years ago we had a Citreon AX that didn't always self cancel. I had a buzzer laying round off a towing kit very much like these http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria v%20buzzer&source&SD=Y & just wired it into the indicator circuit. Very very annoying but it did the trick, Took it off after a couple of weeks as she got into the habit of making sure they were cancelled.
Alan...

Right idea, but I could do without 'very, very annoying'. Slightly irritating might be ok :o)
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK

Wire the flasher circuit into the horn :-)
--
Stuart G Gray (Tunku)

"Caution : traces of irony and other metallic objects may be present in the

What, like a taxi?
--
Skipweasel
We have always been at war with Iran. [George Orwell - almost]

No, taxis don't use the indicators.
Bob

Which neatly frees up the flasher circuit to make the horn toot repeatedly.
--
Skipweasel
We have always been at war with Iran. [George Orwell - almost]
Jim Scott wrote:

Other people don't seem to have trouble. What else are you doing in the car that makes you any busier than everyone else?

Pretty well any DC sounder wired across the output of the flasher relay to ground will work - or across the indicator lamp if you have just the one. Maplin do a selection - make sure it says it will work from 12 volt DC.
--
*Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker? *

Here is an option:
http://blinkeroff.com/index.html
Cecil
London SW

Jim Scott wrote:

Check here, esp #4.
http://www.damouth.com/RVStuff/TurnBeep.shtml
Jim Scott wrote:

More ideas:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Browse/tf-Browse/s-10101/N-111+20004508+600002871/c-10101
http://www.cartalk.com/content/columns/Archive/1998/May/01.html
Put "louder turn signal flasher noise" in the search box in Google for more suggestions.