Indicator sound amplifier/repeater

The 'ticking' sound on my indicators is so quiet that I often forget to cancel them after small changes in direction eg on motorway. I know they have lights, but in traffic I'm much too busy to look down. MANY years ago I made a little bleeper to wire below the dashboard. I'm much too old to be faffing around with transistors and solder so is there a commercial device to do this?

Reply to
Jim Scott

You could always superglue a little sounding board onto the relay

Reply to
MrCheerful

Surely if you're much to busy to look down, then you're also much to busy to turn the indicator off?

Reply to
ThePunisher

When my daughter was first learning to drive a few years ago we had a Citreon AX that didn't always self cancel. I had a buzzer laying round off a towing kit very much like these

& just wired it into the indicator circuit. Very very annoying but it did the trick, Took it off after a couple of weeks as she got into the habit of making sure they were cancelled. Alan...

Reply to
Phaeton

Phaeton wrote in news:5ggkjvF3ftcm2U1 @mid.individual.net:

Right idea, but I could do without 'very, very annoying'. Slightly irritating might be ok :o)

Reply to
Jim Scott

Jim Scott wrote in news:Xns99757BCF47A21jim.jimXscott.co.uk@85.114.133.75:

Wire the flasher circuit into the horn :-)

Reply to
Stuart G Gray

The message from Stuart G Gray contains these words:

What, like a taxi?

Reply to
Guy King

Other people don't seem to have trouble. What else are you doing in the car that makes you any busier than everyone else?

Reply to
Brandon McCombs

Pretty well any DC sounder wired across the output of the flasher relay to ground will work - or across the indicator lamp if you have just the one. Maplin do a selection - make sure it says it will work from 12 volt DC.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Here is an option:

Cecil

Reply to
Detailing Dude

No, taxis don't use the indicators.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith

The message from "Bob Smith" contains these words:

Which neatly frees up the flasher circuit to make the horn toot repeatedly.

Reply to
Guy King

Check here, esp #4.

Buffalo

More ideas:

Put "louder turn signal flasher noise" in the search box in Google for more suggestions.

Reply to
Buffalo