Know any trouble free automobiles?

If anyone had the 1994 Eagle Summit Wagon (twin of Mitsubishi Expo), you understand. Someone said it is all perception. So, what car can replace it? It should have wonderful views and seat height, not be too wide-but roomy seating, and go in the snow with 2 wheel drive. It should have plenty of power- no trouble getting up to speed on expressway entrances. In 10 years, one clamp as the only exhaust system repair. Otherwise -just brakes, tires (but the original Yokahamas lasted over 5 years, and then the service person kept them), and the water pump at 70,000 miles. Please help.

*Was this just a fluke with Mitsubishi, or, why aren't they the number one car manufacturer?

Rose

Reply to
o r

number

Only 70K? A mere youth! My 95 has 140K and all is original except for tires front brakes and front exhaust pipe. It is AWD and still gets

30MPG in the Summer. The Eagle/Expo line could easily be some of the best cars of the century. What happened Mitsu?
Reply to
Outlander

I am in a similar situation. When our family buys a car we keep as long as possible. My 86 Corolla lastes 14 years. We currently have an 92 Eagle Summit Wagon. The AC has gone and we did replace the clutch after 6 years and it does seem to go thru the oil but I have been pleased overall. We will replace it this summer....with what? In contrast my 2000 GM Montana van (95,000 km) has been nothing but trouble.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Mitchell

In response to the probelsm with the Pontiac Montana, don't blame the car as much as the dealership who works on it. I have yet to find an honest GM dealer. Both my old GM's went 120,000 miles before we got rid of it, and my old Firebird is at 154,000 and still running. The only problems I've had were starters due to the exhaust pipe being to close to the solenoid, it bakes it in 2 years, and I've been through 3 alternators. It's not a bad record. I also kept those cars far from the dealerships.

Reply to
Eric F

Reply to
Robert Jackson

The Eagle Summit Wagon was built in Japan by Mitsubishi. Thats why it lives up to the reputation of Japanese cars. I think you want a Subaru Forester to replace it.

Reply to
Max R