L200 dipstick

I have a 2002 Uk Warrior with no owners manual. Do I take the oil reading on the dipstick with the stick fully insterted or resting before the seal closes.

Andi.

Reply to
Andi Cole

"Andi Cole" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

Fully inserted and while the oil is hot. Run the engine until the oil is hot, leave for 10min and check the level.

Henk

Reply to
Henk

Best way to check a correct oil level, is park your vehicle on level ground, then check your oil using the dipstick, if the engine has been idling for a time, a incorrect oil level will be shown, is best to do it first thing in the morning. When the engine has been closed down over night.

Reply to
Peter