Lancer tires

Need new tires for Lancer. Can anybody recommend me what to buy (all season). Thank you!

Reply to
bmk

It's hard to define good tyres, do you want them for dirt roads and bitumen roads ?? any bridgestone or goodyear tyres can meet your demands, just watch what size and profile you buy. I run 195/65 x 14 Bridgestone tyres here and they feel great. Also a wheel alignment should be done to cover any future problems you may encounter.

Hope this helps

Reply to
Peter

I have Kumho Ecsta ASX, Works great. Much better than RE92 except maybe on snow.

Reply to
Body Roll

You're going to get crap answers, unless you specify:

- desired wear characteristics

- desired grip

- desired performance in weather conditions (e.g. rain is more important than dry, how much snow you expect to see)

- desired price

- desired noise levels

Bottom line is that any tire is a compromise of all of these things. If you're made of money and want maximum performance in rain and dry, with decent all-weather performance in snow, then a Michelin Pilot Sport A/S is excellent. But they wear kinda quick, are rather noisy, and cost a bunch.

Falken Ziex ZE-512 is an excellent all-season performer for a very reasonable price. Again, noisy, but last longer than most.

If you really see snow, then I'd suggest getting a real snow tire and a spare set of wheels. Change in the fall and spring.

If you have trouble hearing your stereo or conversations in your car, I suggest considering a "grand touring" tire. It's basically a performance all season tire with some compromise to keep noise down.

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman