Looking for.....

95 Eclipse GS or GST wheels

I live in NW Arkansas. When I bought my car it had a couple of bent wheels on it. Now with the cold I believe the wheel has shrunk as they are now leaking.

I'm looking for either the 5 star 'swept back' wheels or the 5 star straight wheels

OH and fairly cheap please

Thanks,

ECH

Reply to
DrgnHart Eclipse

You can hammer the dents out with a plastic mallet with great sucess. Don't be afraid to beat the snot out of the wheel. My advise here is not to throw good money after bad.... The wheels that you have are dented because they SUCK! There is an active Class-Action Lawsuit with Mitsu as the defendant regarding the crappy, butter-soft wheels you now own / seek. Not only do they suck but at 6.5" they're too narrow. 17"X8" with an offset around 40mm is perfect and will allow you to fit a 235 tire with some VERY minor rolling of the rear fender flange. Look for some aftermarket Wheels: LIGHTER, STRONGER and a BETTER FITMENT I'd avoid the O.E.M wheels .

"DrgnHart Eclipse" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
simpleton

Quoted from:

" The wheels at issue are the 17-inch rims, either the two part or six-spoke, mounted with low profile (or very thin) tires. Stueve says that approximately 100,000 Mitsubishi Eclipses and Eclipse Spyders from 1997 to

2001 came equipped with the wheels."

The wheels on my '95 are of the 16" veriaty. I've looked into aftermarket wheels and found that I can't afford them right now. I was looking for someone that may have gotten aftermarket and still had there factory wheels that they might want to get rid of 'cheap'.

But I would like to thank you for the two articles that you did post as I found the reading quite enlightening.

Thanks,

ECH

Reply to
DrgnHart Eclipse

"The wheels on my '95 are of the 16" veriaty."

I have had both the 16" and 17" factory wheels. With respect to the denting and general "crappiness" of the wheels they're the same. The O.E.M. wheel is a really cheap and heavy Enkie. I understand the financial constraint.

"DrgnHart Eclipse" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
simpleton

Thank you, I've had my eyes on some 17" Focal F10's for a while. Just can't seem to convince the wife that $250 is a good price for each wheel.. LOL.. I'll prolly end up checking some junk yards around here this week for the factory wheels or if I can find 'em some aftermarkets.

Thanks again for the articles. I'm still reading the second webpage. I didn't realize there is sooooo much wrong with these cars. Maybe the wife was right. I should've bought the anniversary edition RX7 that I saw.

ech

Reply to
DrgnHart Eclipse
250 a rim? I have 18" with nitto for sale for 800. Good enough for 11s, good enough for you.
Reply to
Nobody U. Know