New car Training

Hi I purchased a new Pajero and would like to know what I can do to prolonge the life of the car (like one of the myths/recomendations is not to let the engine go over 2000rpm for the first 1000 miles ) ...etc thanks a million

Reply to
sandwarrior

Sandwarrior,

No great secrets here. You don't want to limit your RPM below 2000. Just vary your speeds/RPMs without redlining the engine for the first 500-1000 miles. Change the oil initially at this point also. Then be sure to change oil/filter every 3-5K. Do other lubrication and maintenance as per your manual. Change brake fluid and coolant annually. Wash and wax car frequently. Don't forget to rinse undercarriage when driving in winter salt. Never drive into the ocean. Touch up paint chips to avert rust. Follow these simple steps and the car should last several hundred thousand miles. It's worked for me.

Bubba

91 Pajero Exceed 3.4
Reply to
Bubba