Power & Electronic Trouble: ’97 Galant

This is a ?97 Galant.

My alarm for my headlights is broken, so I?ve left them on a few times, each time the battery died and I had to jump it.

Yesterday, I left them on for a long time, it took some time to jump, had to borrow a car with a larger battery.

Once I removed the cables after starting it, the car shuts off.

I go and buy a new battery, hook it up and it starts, headlights work too.

However, all other electronics stopped working: dashboard lights, domelight, radio, air conditioner / heater, windows.

I checked the fuses, they?re fine. Is this a temporary problem from just changing the battery? The only reason the other battery stopped working was because the lights had been left on, but I?ve jumped my car a bunch of times before and its never done this.

Anyone have an idea how to get my power back without having to get everything replaced?

(Oh, also, when I was jumping it this time, my cables started to smoke. I through them out and get a different pair which worked fine. The first were ratty, but they?ve never smoked before)

Reply to
Brittt

that is probably main fuse in engine compartment - see few posts below on non working accessories.

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

nplus