Second best car I've owned

Second best car I have ever owned

I'm currently the original owner of a 95 VR4 red with 130K trouble free miles. But first, my best ever car was a 280ZX two plus two, purchase new and was sold with 300k and one clutch installed Well now to the VR4 ,all wheel drive, all wheel steering and twin turbos this was purchase with 9 miles on the odometer and has since given me

130K trouble free miles. ALL Scheduled maintance has been preformed on the vehicle. I replaced the cat converter with a test pipe. It was installed one morning and discarded the next. This pipe completely change the dynamics of the car: no turbo whistle, increased exhaust fumes and a annoying exhaust note Below are a list of lesson learned

A. change oil ever 3-4 miles using Mobile 1 and a mitsu oil gasket and filter EVERY oil change B. Keep mods to a minimum. I have put only a K&N air filter, turbo downnpipe and boost controller on the car. The boost controller range from a stock setting of 9psi to12 psi, to a turbo whistling 14 psi. C. Don?t do any turbo or internal engine mods as this reduces the reliability and drivability dramatically D. Tires are rotated and balanced at the slight hint of a shimmy E. Keep all scheduled maintance.

I was originally going to post this on one of the 3000GT web site, but I notice the change in demographics. Average age when I purchase my car was + 40 now the average age is twenty something. With the decline in age so is the decline in legitimate posts.

J.B. F-22 Raptor Flight Test Engineer

Reply to
jb1752