Shogun / Pajero Discs

I have just tried to replace a rear brake disc on my Shogun. I have removed the caliper assembly but can't see how to get the disc off. There are 2 small holes where I would expect to find holding screws but they are missing. Do I need to remove the plate at the back, or can I change the disc without touching this.

All help gratefully received

Thanks

Moose

Reply to
Moose

Hi,

The disk incorporates a mini drum brake for the handbrake (parking brake) and is probably binding on the shoes. I can't remember if there is an access hole to get to the adjuster for the shoes so you can release them? However the 2 small holes you mention, should be tapped M8, if you carefully wind 2 M8 bolts into these holes it will draw the disk evenly of the drive flange...

Regards Austin..

Reply to
Austin Storey