Sluggish Laser

I'd like to thank all those that made suggestions about my problem with the 91 laser with poor performance after the timing belt change. It wasn't the cat as I suspected. The problem was indeed the timing belt. It was out by one tooth. The fix was easy, just slacken the timing belt, pull it off the cam sprocket, advance the sprocket one tooth, reinstall the belt and readjust the tension. I thought I checked that belt three times before I reassembled it, but shit, I guess I should have checked it four times. One tooth makes about 20 degrees difference. Got a new timing light out of the deal, as my old one packed it in just as I started the repair of the repair.

Thanks again

Reply to
Nirodac