2000 Kia Sephia Idle's Rough and sluggish accelleration

Hello all,

I am by no means a "car guy". By that I mean, I can do minor repairs but I wouldn't know where to begin to overhaul the engine. I have a

2000 kia sephia with close to 150k miles on it. Yesterday I noticed it runs sluggish when accelerating and started idling rough.

Before I take it to a mechanic, I was wondering if there was some things I could try myself to correct this issue.

Thanks, GuyInTn

Reply to
GuyInTn

Try some car/fuel injector spray. Had doubts it would help but a guy in work swore by it , he sprayed some in the intake with the air filter out ... worked very well .

Reply to
Phil

i'm a kia tech has timing belt been changed if not it could have sliped a tooth or 2 is check engine light on ? and the other cause coule be cloged cat converters

Reply to
DrGuRu

A slipped timing belt? That's a good one. If it slips more than a tooth you'll have a lot more than sluggish performance to worry over.

To the original poster: Your symptoms could have a multitude of causes. Do you have an illuminated check engine light while driving? Any work done recently?

Generally speaking, a rough idle starting all at once without ANY prior symptoms sounds like an ignition problem to me, with the plug wires being the first thing I would check.

Chris

Reply to
halatos

Change your spark plugs!! I have a 2003 Rio, and one day it just went from running perfectly to barely stumbling along. I put in a new set of plugs, and it runs like new. With just 122000 klms on it, (about 77000 miles)I can't figure out why. The plugs I took out don't look bad at all, but don't look a gift KIA in the grill. HA-HA!

-- Message posted using

information at

chevy1955