Focus Engine Warning light at 7500 miles ???

Hi, Could anyone let me know what moght be wrong with my 2.0 Focus. The yellow engine warning light has come on permenantly today. The car is 2 years old, has 7500 miles on the clock and has had 3 services since new.

Any advice or comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Andy

Reply to
Andy Teal

Look in your owner's manual. It tells you that warning lights are not necessarily an emergency, they represent something wrong with one of a large number of circuits, mostly connected with emissions. When convenient, have a dealer check for codes. Normally the cause is quite trivial, for example a loose gas cap (which you could check now). When I had one it turned out to be an air seal around the sender unit on the top of the gas tank.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Just an FYI if your in the US most major autoparts stores like Pepboys or Autozone will lookup what the computer fault code means for free.

--Mike

Reply to
Mike S.

I had the light too, with a rought running engine... dealer looked up the code, replaced a sensor and the car was good to go again.

Chris.

Reply to
C Thibault

IF it were my guess i bet it is a dpfe senser delta presure feedback sensor it measure the exhaust to let the pcm know weather the egr is open or not. They go bad all the time! they are supposed to measure .9 to 1.1 volts , when they get moister in them they go to reference voltage which is 5.0 volts. its very common and covered. go get it fixed.

Reply to
badraptor

If the engine is still runnning well, then my bet is the DPFE sensor for the EGR. Very very common failure on the 2litre. Buy acouple as you'll be replacing it again in about 2 years time! lol.

You can extract the codes from the ecu yourself using the trip reset button on the dash- press and hold then turn on ignition.

You're looking for a P then a 3 digit code displayed inthe milometer lcd display.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM. Registry corupted, reformated HD and l

only works in euro cars

Reply to
badraptor

Reply to
badraptor

"badraptor" wrote

Works in my 2000 NA wagon but I understand not in later models.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Reply to
Someone Else

Reply to
badraptor

It works on my American made 2002 Ford Focus SE wagon.

Reply to
Frog Legs

ford has a "silent recall" on the DFPE sensor, some foci owners report two or three replacements

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Nerdlite