SRS light , problem

I have a problem with my lancer, I remove the airbag and steering wheel and put it back together and can't get the SRS light to go off. Plz. help.. email me at > snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
mitchel taylor

I have a problem with my lancer, I remove the airbag and steering wheel and put it back together and can't get the SRS light to go off. Plz. help.. snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
mitchel taylor

You probably need to have the system reset by your Mitsubishi dealer using there special equipment as you have induced a fault code during removal

Reply to
Kempys Bitza Mitzys

make sure you have all the sensor connectors connected tite. Unfortunately I had to take my car to the dealer to diagnose the SRS light, it was to risky to mess with the airbag. turned out to be the sensor in the passenger seat..

Reply to
Eric F

Try disconnecting the battery via the negative terminal. Reconnect. That is the brute-force method of clearing the ECU.

Reply to
Adam Vazquez Kb2jpd

RE: Your Lancer (CK2A-0012968)

Dear Mitchell Taylor,

We, the Customer Relations Department of Mitsubishi Motors Corporation, have duly received your email as customers' contact window on 10 May via Mitsubishi Motors Europe B.V. Thank you for your patronage of Mitsubishi vehicle.

As for your inquiry, as you may know, your Lancer (CK2A-0012968) is Japanese specification model, which is supposed to be driven in Japan only.

Mitsubishi Multi User Tester (MUT) should be used to SRS light off. MUT for Japanese spec. model is only equipped Mitsubishi dealers in Japan. We are not allowed to send MUT outside of Japan. All things considered, regret to inform you that there is no way to SRS light off.

Please be advised the followings.

?@ Airbag might not inflate when your Lancer has an accident as long as SRS light stays on. ?A Airbag does not inflate during normal driving.

Yours faithfully,

Reply to