UK Evo VIII

What are my brake disks made off, my dealer's making such a fuss about bedding the brakes in.

Andi.

Reply to
Andrew Cole

With good reason. The materials on the brake pads need to seat with the rotors and burn off the finishing haze. This is normal on any brake system and especially on the Brembo's that come with your Evo.

300 miles of reasonable driving is usually enough to bed them in properly.
Reply to
DragonRider

So it's the pads rather than the disks?

Cheers.

Andi.

Reply to
Andrew Cole

Both, they need to break in together so that they make as tight a fit as possible when you have your foot on the brake. Any time you have two pieces of metal that rub together you will need to break them in a bit.

Reply to
DragonRider