170 caught speeding at Crail

Blair.

Reply to
B.G. Finlay IT Services

"Many offenders were caught driving at over 90 mph, 12 were driving at over

100 mph and the highest speed recorded, which was recorded on the A92, was 114 mph.

"I find it very alarming that individuals actually believe that they are in control of their vehicles at such speeds-they are not.

"It is only good fortune which prevented a serious road accident occurring, somewhere in Fife, on Sunday. "

Hang on a mo, if they were not in control of their cars, who the hell was? was they radio controlled??

I've done speeds far in excess of 140 MPH (usually legally) and always remained in "control" of my car.. does this mean Michael Schumacher (spit) is not in control of his f1 car except when its under 70MPH?? what road are we talking single track or duel carriageway...

also if this is true how come the safest roads in the world (I forget where the statistics are now) are the safest.. both fewest deaths and fewest accidents? (id even include race tracks in that statistic from what I recall when I looked at then (about 5 years ago).

would love to hear others comment on this??

Reply to
Lostin1999

Similar note to remember if you ever goto York Dragway...

On the roundabout just off the motorway near the BP garage.. usually a police bike there making money. Oh, I mean stopping serious crime.

There on the way in, sometimes there on the way out.

I only see him if I am running late though...

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

LOL, that goes without saying. Excellent typo, I know what you meant tho'

Reply to
Johnny

If they weren't in control of there cars then they must all be in a ditch mustn't they? If they didn't crash that would suggest they were safely in control of there vehicles and this is all a lot of fuss over nothing.

Reply to
Depresion

I'd be more bothered about the "police stop points" to be set up to check people's documents? errr since when did the dictatorship start up, did I miss that.

Aren't random stops illegal nevermind interferring with people going about their legal business....

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mark S. decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Oh, forever ago. Criminal Justice Act wasn't it? "We can do what the f*ck we like if there's more than 2 people there".

Nope. It's illegal not to stop if instructed to by Ze Plod. Their excuse for pulling you can be anything they like "Just a random stop, Sir" being a favourite, as is the ol' chestnut for occasions such as Crail "We were informed that there was illegal street racing in this area, so we're stopping anyone who may appear suspicious"..

This is one of those times when owning a Q car type Sierra Estate is handy.

Reply to
Pete M

thats fife constabulary for you :)

btw for those who dont know the A92 is a lovely stretch of dual carriageway between the A90 and M90 no real bends perfect visibility and 2 lanes all the way :) oh yeah and its in perfect condition(surprising for a scottish road)

114 mph and thats the highest they caught :)

those 330 diesels musnt be as quick as they make out shoulda had their policed evo out to play :)

Reply to
Rob

Yeah, but this is Fife, thats gotta be the fastest speed recorded in a tractor this side of the mississppi! (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Very boring road.

Prefer to nip off at Kirkcaldy west and go down the Cluny Road to Glenrothes or if in a real back road mood carry on to Kelty and down the Loch Road to Glenrothes through Leslie.

LL

Reply to
LiviLion

west and go down the Cluny Road to

Sounds good to me. My idea of a holiday is leaving east anglia and going for a good blast round scotland for 8 days. Last year i clocked up 2200 miles in a week ... scotland truly is a place where you can end up with aching arms just through driving!!! :-)

Reply to
Mr Fix It