2.0l V8

apologies if everyone has seen this before but its new to me.

james

john doe

Nah, this is where it's at....

Iridium

They don't exist yet though, so this bloke

decided to do it himself ;)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Autocar mentioned this week that both Caterham and Atom have announced V-8s using the same engine. Is it this one?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Its only got 340 hp. from 2.4 litres. Whilst fun its got to have a lot more potential. I and many others were getting that from less than half the capacity and 4 cylinders in the late eighties and early nineties with almost stock old style air /oil cooled bike engines and an old draw through non intercooled single carbed rayjay turboed (T4s) mr.turbo system without pushing the nitrous button!

550 bhp is possible from a modern bike engine with 4 cylinders and intercooling, water cooling, fuel injection, advantages relatively easily. Jack Frost offers a drive in drive out service for suzuki engines to do just that for example. And without all the weight of eight cylinders.

I would do the turbo busa engined atom if my legs still allowed me! It would be simpler and cheaper and faster. Might not sound as cool though...

Reply to
Burgerman

But how much torque ?

Reply to
Geoff

Well since power = torque x rpm and they both rev to about the same point then just the same. Other than the about part. The turbo engine does it at less rpm (9750) compared to the naturally aspirated tuned dual exup motor. So the turbo engine has to have more torque rather than less obviously.

Reply to
Burgerman

There was an article about bike based V8s when CCC was still in print. They said there was a torque advantage to the V8 layout. God knows what it is mind.

Reply to
Doki

yup

Reply to