5 car garage for £50k or less.

Ok we have had the dream 5 car garage threads before but this time to remove the list of Veryon,Zonda,T1... you have a total of £50,000 to spend. So that could be 5 cars at £10k each or I guess 4 cars at £500 each and one £48k but that wouldn't seem right.

  1. Lotus Carlton £20k (total £20k) It's a nice practical 4 door saloon.

  1. Karmann Ghia convertible £12k (total £32k) Something for those rare nice days.

  2. Mini Clubman Estate £4k (total £36k) Not exactly a load lugger but rather cool for an estate.

  1. Mk2 Austin Healey 3000 £7k (total £43k)

  2. Toyota BB £7k (total £50k) I wanted to add something as a daily run-around and this is just a strange yaris.
Reply to
Depresion

  1. E34 M5 Touring £15k (daily all rounder)
  2. E24 635CSi Highline £10k (for sheer beauty)
  3. Overfinch RangeRover 5.7L Classic £5k (dirty fun)
  4. VW T5 Caravelle TDi 174ps £15k (taking the whole 'tribe' anywhere)
  5. E30 M3 trackday 'shed' £5k (stress relief)

JB

Reply to
JB

You'll certainly need your 5 car garage with a 7k Healey 3000 - to have plenty room to re-build it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

  1. Rover SD1 Vitesse Twin Plenum - may as well get the proper version - £3k
  2. Toyota MR2 Supercharger - I've wanted a mk1 with more power since I had Vamps old one and one of these (with a few tweaks and 200bhp) would be ideal - £3k
  3. E28 M535i - just because I love the way they look, and as a bonus so does the missus - £3k? So thats a good choice of 4, 6 and 8 cylinder cars for me to drive about in, next for something a bit more hardcore...
  4. Caterham 7 CSR - for track days and summer fun - £35k And something sensible for the missus (and for me to drive when the petrol costs of the other have bankrupted me)...
  5. Skoda Fabia VRS - £6k

I make that £50k

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

S2 Lotus Elise 111S - £14k

Lotus Esprit V8 - £17.5k

Landrover Defender 110 V8 (LPG) - £5k

Mitsubishi Evo 6 Tommy Makinin - £11k

Mk1 Golf GTI - £2.5k

Reply to
Homer

That's what I was thinking.

A £7k Healey will be a rot-box and won't be a £7k Healey by the time you've got it roadworthy.

Reply to
SteveH

Don't let the bar room betters fool you. A standard TP is no better than a standard SP. The TP was homologated to allow development for racing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's Dennis Leech's old black and red BTCC car he's buying though ;-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Ah well, it'll sound better when I tell the bar room betters that I've got one :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Hmmm, I guess,

  1. Mk2 Clio V6 in Inferno - £20k

  1. Pug 205 GTi - mint and standard but with Mi16 conversion - I dunno, £3k? (£23k)

  2. E34 M5 - £15k (£38k)

  1. Best Elise £12k will buy (£50k)

  2. Erm, whatever I can get for free :-)
Reply to
Iridium

Well, A flick through Autotrader gets me

2000 BMW M5 V8 12000 (12000) 2005 Boxster S 15000 (27000) 1990 Mercedes 190E cosworth 5000 (32000) (so that's the Germans all sorted out) 2003 Alfa 156GTA £8000 (40000) 2002 Hilux £9000 - 49000
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Honda NSX £28k-ish MR2 Turbo rev 3 with minor mods say £4k Lexus LS430 (as daily run about for an alright one) £10k Golf GTi MK2 (for the track with some suspension mods ect) £2k Impala SS 1995 model £6k

not sure on the golf and the 2k would included new suspension ect hmmm

Reply to
Vamp

1 Dodge Ram Daytona Quad cab (yes it has a Hemi) - £15k 2 Z Cars Monte Carlo VTEC - £16k (ouch) 3 Mk2 Escort Mexico - £6 4 Lotus Carlton - £13 (there's one for that on Autotrader now) 5 Something off Freecycle, I've ran out of cash...
Reply to
Abo

Chrysler run a competition called "what can you hemi" from time to time, while in Asda the other week I had to think to myself - "Hemi powered escalator..."

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

It's never been done to a Ka.

Reply to
DervMan

There are some videos on YouTube of hemi powered chainsaws. They're umm, quick.

How about a hemi powered blender?

Reply to
Steve Firth

You know those hotel shoe buffers?

Reply to
Abo

On a similar line they did a Hemi powered paper shredder, didn't they? It could shred whole phone books IIRC :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Hemi powered vibrator. I'm sure the test sessions will get a lot of interest.

Then again, it's the bible bashing USA so they'll ban it.

Reply to
Conor

?v=JEfYnByuTQ0

Reply to