A modification. Yes. Really.

HIDs. Should have done it ages ago really. You just gotta have them.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Finally! ;-)

Reply to
DervMan

I'd have expected it to have them as standard - big flash Merc like that! Or were they a cripplingly expensive option?

Reply to
DanB

Except it's not a big flash merc.

The only ranges that have them standard are the SLR, CL and SL. Even the S and CLS have them stuck on the options list on the smaller engined models. AMG and sport / avantgarde models get them on most ranges. All models are projector beam dipped now so the beam pattern remains fine.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Well, it'll be bigger than average in terms of engine capacity and size, in the UK market at least!

Did you get before shots as well as afters?

Reply to
DervMan

snipped-for-privacy@eclipse.net.uk...

the other night i found that there wasn't that much difference on a dark country lane with the full beams on as there was with just the normal hid's on the mondeo

may not be easy fitting, but if you get a decent aftermarket kit, you can do the lot in an afternoon and a bit of wiring

Reply to
dojj

Except it's not. It's the second smallest mercedes saloon, only the C is smaller, CLS and S are longer, with the second smallest diesel engine. In fact bring the 2.7 there's only the 1.8 petrol, 2.2 diesel and 2.4 petrol that's smaller. Bigger comes in 3.0 diesel, 3.2 diesel, 5.0, 5.5 and 6.2 petrol.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Just driven from clapham to wokingham in the dark and I really can't believe I didn't fit HIDs sooner.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Nah you miss my point. How many C-Classes were sold, how many E- Classes, how many S-Classes? How many with four, five, six, eight, twelve cylinders? What's the average? Bet it's something like a 4.6 cylinder C-Class with three inches extra length... so your E270 is "above average." ;-)

Meh?

-- The DervMan

DervMan