Really Really Anoying SQUEEK ARRRRRRRRRRRR

Hi All

I have a really really annoying constant squeak coming from my TD5 90 it seems to be coming from directly in front of me while driving. I have taken the Dash directly in front of me to bit (i.e. the speedo part of the dash) and put loads of buts of foam round all the joints but It is still there. Has any one else had this sort of constant squeak before and cured it. It seems top stop a bit if a push up or down on the steering wheel. Any suggestions as it is driving me mad!!!!!!!

Thanks Phil

Offroad pics here, unfortunately my landy (T15ER R) could not make this course as it is too shiny ;-)

Phil Clarke

ISTR reading in LRO about someone tracking down an annoying squeak to the bonnet hinges.

Gotta be worth a look.

Reply to
Simon Barr

The steering wheel on my 90 squeaks really badly when the sun has been shining in on it through the windscreen (not a common problem here in Wales I admit). After a couple of minutes driving the squeak goes away... Strange.

McBad

The bonnet hinges on our 90 squeek. Richard

Reply to
Richard

Remove the soundproofing. The mere fact you have any kind of sound insulation means your commitment to the marque is questionable.

Once the soundproofing is removed not only will you then and only then qualify as a oil in the blood landrover owner but you will also no longer be able to hear anything let alone a squeek. Squeeks are for wusses, the song of the drumming diesels and still being able to hear the transmission rumble when you've been sat at your desk 10 minutes are the only way forward.

;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

The bonnet hinges have a nylon bush to prevent metalto metal contact - but it is possible for the metal to touch sideways, and this with worn rubber buffers can cause the type of squeak you comment on. I had an annoying "buzz" that I thought came from this, so spent a lot of effort on this before eventually (years) tracing it to the inside mirror! JD

Reply to
JD

Reply to
Rory Manton